Saturday, November 23, 2013

Painting for the Grandkids Guest Room

23 Nov 2013

Today, I finally finished the painting I've been working on for the grandkids' guest room. When I look at it I think, "Meh."

But, it will do. Every painting teaches me something and eventually I may do one I really like. . .
Here's how it looks in situ:

After my last post (in June) we sold our house in Virginia (July), and closed on a new house in North Carolina. We moved in on August 5th. (During that time I also spent several days in Missouri helping move my mother into an assisted living home.)

At the end of August, my mother had a stroke, and, I made another trip to Missouri at the end of September to work with my siblings on packing up and clearing out Mom's house. I was gone almost two weeks.

On October 25, my mother died, and we flew to Missouri for several days.

Given all this, and the fact that I am still unpacking/setting up some parts of our house, I guess it's good that I even completed this. It looks a bit too paint-by-number-y for my taste, but, it is what it is.

I'll try something different next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment