Monday, September 19, 2011

Lots of Room for Improvement


19 September 2011

I'm sure I'll learn from every painting I do. Today, I finished the painting I started in class the other day and learned several things during the process.
1. Its much better to complete as much of the painting in the studio as possible, because, even with photos to refer to, its very hard to recreate an image you're not actually looking at.
2. I have terrible lighting in the room I'm painting in at home. Need to find a solution for that.
3. I need to figure out how to photograph a painting so there's not so much glare on it (which makes every brushstroke show!) There actually is some definition to the table covering, but you can't tell from this photo. And,
4. I have lots of room for growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment