Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Painting and a Book

The painting I started today. I had to take the photo at an odd angle because of the glare on it, so it looks a bit skewed. Its a good start, but still needs a lot of work.

My "Promises" book cover.

"Promises" book, first spread.

15 Sep 2011

Today I started a painting (in a still life class I signed up for.) Its great to be in a class and see everyone else's work, too. Several in the class are excellent painters, whereas, I'm just beginning, really. Someone in class today said, "We all learn to write with a pencil and paper looking at the same alphabet charts posted on the wall or printed in little books for us to copy. Yet, we all have different handwriting — each of us writes with our own distinct characteristics. Painting is the same. My brush doesn't make the same strokes as someone else's but I can appreciate how theirs looks." I like that.

I've also been working on a little book for myself. Its probably about half done and I'm happy with how its looking so far. . . (And, I'm continuing work on the book for my Chabo granddaughters, as well.)

Feels good to be doing more creative things!

No comments:

Post a Comment